Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 9 Wedding! ...and how we met Bill & Autumn.

So, while Dean (me) & Janae were taking the night off enjoying the Girl Talk Show... DJ Matt Miller was rocking a great wedding for Bill & Autumn! 



I met Bill & Autumn in January 2012, while I was DJing at Soldiers & Sailors Hall; and actually, they were the photographers that evening for a beautiful winter wedding! You can see their work at SkySight Photography
I always talk to the photographers at weddings, of course I like to coordinate the night's timeline with them, but also just because I enjoy it. It's always nice when you have a friendly co-vendor that you can talk to through-out the evening. So when we started talking, Autumn says "Dean from Pittsburgh DJ Company? You were just recommended to us from another photographer for our own wedding!" About a year before, I had DJ'd the wedding of a local photographer. (Pamela Marie Photography) Pam & Mark are such an awesome couple and we had so much fun at their wedding! I've worked with Pam a couple of times now, and she was going to be the photographer for Bill & Autumn's June 2012 wedding. So, not only were we recommended to Bill & Autumn; but now they had a chance to work with me before they even contacted us!


So, they told me their date... it was June 9 & I had JUST bought tix to see one of my fave live acts, Pittsburgh's own, GIRL TALK. So, I told them that I couldn't DJ their wedding, but that it was no problem because I have other Pro DJ's in my company, and from what style they were describing, I set up a meeting for them with Matt Miller. If you guys don't know, Matt is my partner with PGHDJCO and his style is pretty similar to mine. We actually have 5 DJ's including me & all of the DJ's in my organization are very professional & get rave reviews! I trust every one of them or I wouldn't work with them!



Anyway- enough backstory! Let's get to the wedding! It was held at the Blue Moon Barn & Covered Bridge and PGHDJCO supplied a lapel mic for the ceremony, as well as the dance lights for the reception! Matt likes photography himself, so he took some great pics & made a short video too. Take a look!







The Bride & Groom  supplied their own glow sticks and Bill even made a custom music mix for Matt to play during the evening! Matt reports back that it was a great time had by all the guests & he even stayed for some over-time! 






In fact, Bill already gave us a quick blurb!


"Awesome time at our wedding!!! Thanks so much for making it such a great event and being flexible with all of my musical requests. It made the event very memorable for us." 


If you'd like to book any of our DJ's, including Matt, contact us at Pittsburgh DJ Company asap! We are booking up fast! And if you have a specific DJ in mind, just request that person and we'll setup a meeting!      

1 comment:

  1. Matt was SO AMAZING at our wedding!! Thank you Matt and Dean.. and Pamela for referring us! We had all the best vendors ever and can't wait to review you all with 5*****stars on wedding wire and the knot!!!!

    ReplyDelete